Why Disinfecting Livestock Transporting Vehicle is Important?
Vehicles are largely used for transporting animals, livestock, poultry, etc., from one place to another. These vehicles are specifically designed, constructed, maintained, and operated by keen definitions to avoid any kinds of injury and animal sufferings. When transporting animals for an economical activity, cleaning and disinfecting must be specifically taken good care of. Vehicles that are used for the transportation of live cloven-hoofed animals must be cleaned and disinfected after every transport.
You might have heard about the H1N1 virus or say swine flu that spread dramatically and caused many deaths in the year 2009. The death counts for the first year was in between 151,000 and 575,000. Later, in 2013, PEDV (Porcine epidemic diarrhea Virus) was identified in swine for the first time in the United States. The virus was almost 100% lethal in piglets and eventually spread across various regions. The causes may be different, but result was one – billions of lives lost. Now, this figure also vaguely defines how contaminated livestock trailers may pose the highest risks. So, cleaning and disinfecting vehicles must be an integral part of every Biosecurity program.
Disinfecting transport and production vehicles with medicated and other weaning strategies, challenges the nature of microbial action. This cannot eliminate the native bacteria or diseases that surround the animal. It can only reduce the initial disease load and delay its onset. This can be controlled using vehicle disinfection channel. It is one of the best solutions that can be availed to control contamination and disease spread during livestock transportation. Some of its benefits are:
- These channels have a destructive activity that attacks multiple microbial system and structure.
- Disinfecting prevents microbial pathogens from reaching and infecting new susceptible host.
- It can effectively disinfect transportation vehicle or places where there is a high risk of contamination.
- It uses less chemicals, shorten spraying time, save labor, better and more effective disinfection.
- Can set in desired spraying time for distinctive target.
- You can set it into automatic or manual operation module for easy operation.
- The unit can be warmed up through electric heating devices in case of lower temperature, making the liquid not to freeze.
The whole process takes 30 minutes or less and could save millions of livestock, avoid billions of losses and more importantly, increases health safety. So, it’s important to look for such kinds of technology and solutions that would expand our abilities and safeguard the world food supply.